My Photostream

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com

Monday, February 8, 2010

Marvelous Monday!

Now most people would not look at today as a marvelous any thing! It is cold, rainy, dark, but it is still the day that The Lord has made so it is a good day! People would say, "We have had enough rain, we have had more than enough winter, etc. etc. etc!" Now in our eyes this is all true! I love winter because where I live in Texas, winter usually breezes through and is gone before you have a chance to wear your winter clothes! We have had several months of winter this year and everyone, including me, is ready for spring!  But God knows what He is doing so there has to be a very good reason for our 'long' winter this year! We have had drought for several years in the past, so have you ever thought maybe He is replenishing our ground, giving new life to the trees, grass, flowers, shrubs, lakes, ponds, cattle, wildlife? Hmmm! Interesting concept!

Now, I am definitely ready for spring! I love the 'naked' trees showing the true character of the tree, but I am ready for color rather than everything being brown. I am ready for LIFE which I know is taking place during this dormant stage. I am looking forward to seeing the first bud on my Crepe Myrtles. The first little sign of life on my rose bushes and hear the birds chirping away announcing the arrival of spring!

I am more than ready to get out with my camera and capture the beauty of life springing forth after hibernation! Anyone who has seen my photos knows that I love color! Lots of color! Bright Colors! So, yes, it is a marelous Monday, because I know what is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment