My Photostream

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What Exactly is a Blog?

This is a question I am asking myself! For some it is a place to present your art, your craft...for others is a place where you can teach and instruct! Then there is the journal. Now according to Google (what did we ever do before Google???)...

A blog (a contraction of the term "web log")[1] is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog. but my favorite is:

A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world. Your blog is whatever you want it to be. There are millions of them, in all shapes and sizes, and there are no real rules. In simple terms, a blog is a web site, where you write stuff on an ongoing basis. New stuff shows up at the top, so your visitors can read what's new. Then they comment on it or link to it or email you. Or not.

So here I am blogging! My passion along with my love for God (my Daddy), my wonderful precious family and my friends is photography, a gift from my Daddy! I love for people to be able to see my work, but I have a website for that, plus I have a Flickr photostream with nothing but thousands of photos I have taken on it. So this is my journal. If you visit it, I hope that you find something that will encourage you, make you smile or just lift you up in some way! If you don't, oh, well!

I have never been one to keep a journal or diary on a regular basis, but I am enjoying this. I have always been one who periodically liked to write down my thoughts, feelings, emotions, so this is a great place to do it!  I may never have more than my four faithful followers, but that is okay. You see, this blog is about me, by me and most of all for me!

If you are here and you come back, you will probably learn more about me than you ever really wanted to know! But if you are here and you came back, I hope that in some small way I have been able to help you see the world in a different light, put a smile in your heart and on your face and bring some Sonshine into your life! Have a very blessed and prosperous day! Happy Blogging! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment