My Photostream

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Year 2009!

In the beginning of 2009 I decided that I was going to turn The Father's Creations over to God. I had done what I felt led to do to introduce it and acquaint people with what it was all about. I built up a very nice contact list and had made a lot of friends for The Father's Creations. Now it was time to see what God wanted me to do. I had a peace about it all. It's really wonderful how when you decide to let God take charge and listen, you have a very reassuring peace. I knew in my spirit that He wanted me to take the time to enjoy and work on the gift He had given me. To fine tune it and learn more about it. I had to realize that not only is it a gift He had given me but it is an art and I am an artist! This was hard for me to believe! Me an artist???

I learned to relax and really enjoy my photography. My prayer has always been and still is: "Father, let me see the beauty in Your creations through Your eyes. Let me see all around me the beauty in everything and how to capture it in order to share it with others." Well, I started looking at familiar things but seeing them entirely differently! Hmmmm! When you ask, you receive!

Now, I know that there are 'rules' and 'techniques', but I am not a technical person. Oh, I am still learning about shutter speed, aperture, exposure, ISO and all the basics of photography but my photos aren't so much about 'perfect composition', 'perfect this or that'...my photos are about what I see through my Daddy's eyes and what is pleasing to others. What will warm someone's heart, fill a void in their life, bring back a memory or just simply make someone feel good! I want to be able to capture a moment in time that tells a story forever! And I want it to be a beautiful, colorful story!

I am not a 'Professional Photographer'. I'm not looking for great recognition, having my work hung in galleries or having my own studio! I am a child of God who my Daddy gave a gift to and that gift happens to be photography! I am not in competition with anyone and like any artist, whether painting, photography, sculpturing, writing or any other form of art, I have my own style, my own likes and my own way of seeing things. No two people look at the same thing at the same time and see it exactly alike! This is what makes life so interesting and people so unique!

During 2009 my passion has grown immensely for my gift, my art. I love my Daddy so much and every day I thank Him for my precious gift. He is always so good to me. He has blessed me with a wonderful husband, who is a superb photographer, to share our love of photography together, who is constantly helping me with my learning. He has blessed me with the two greatest children a mother could ever have; the greatest son-in-love and daughter-in-love; the five greatest Granddarlings in the entire universe and a passion for not only photography but for living life, loving it and capturing it with my camera! 2009 was a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment