My Photostream

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Are You a Professional......?


I am a photographer and I have people ask me if I consider myself a professional or an amateur photographer!  Well, the answer to that is neither!  I consider myself an artist who is continually growing, learning and refining my work!

What is a professional?  First it is a title and a professional photographer is generally considered one who makes his/her full income through photography.  There is no license or degree for professional photography and actually anyone who wants to can call himself a professional photographer!

The quality of your work has nothing to do with being 'professional'! As with any art...painting, sculpture, drawing, etc, it is unique to the artist and what he or she sees, captures and creates!  No two artist look at the same subject and see it the same way!  Look at some of the greatest artists such as Van Gogh, Monet, Degas, Picasso, Dali, Di Vinci and many, many others!  Each had his own unique way of conveying what he saw around him and yet each is a great artist recognized around the world!

You don't need a title to be great in what you do.  All you need is to take the gift that God has blessed you with, the love and passion He has placed inside of you for that gift and use it.  Let Him lead you in what to do and how to do it!  You should use your gift, your art, the way you see it in the way you want to.  Don't compare your art with someone else's. Remember, each artist is unique with a unique gift to create what they see around then through their eyes.  Enjoy what you do, appreciate the work of others, and be thankful that God chose you to bless with your particular gift.

No, I am not a 'professional', I am a very blessed woman who God chose to fill with the of love of Nature and Beauty all around her and then give her the gift of seeing and capturing that beauty with a camera.  My prayer each day is, "Father, please let me see Your beauty all around me through Your eyes and be able to capture it for others to enjoy through my photography,"  I'm not a Professional Photographer! I am an artist capturing memories to last a lifetime with my camera!

Love and Blessings,
~Judy~

No comments:

Post a Comment