My Photostream

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com

Monday, March 15, 2010

How Do You Spend Your Time?



I have been doing some serious thinking about time! First of all time is flying by faster and faster! No one seems to have enough time!  Everyone is extremely busy and no one has the time for others, fun things, enjoying life , relaxing, on and on!  Do you enjoy running around in circles; always in a hurry to get things done; trying to cram more and more into every minute of every day?  Do you realize that the world is not going to stop turning; your family is not going to suffer and crumble and you are not going be less of a person if you slow down a little bit; notice the beauty around you; appreciate what God has provided for you and in those wise words of long ago... "take time to smell the roses"!

Actually what we are doing is destructive to ourselves and to our loved ones!  We get so busy trying to  'provide' for ourselves and loved ones that we are neglecting some of the most important things in life!  What are we  busy trying to 'provide'???  Is it love, memories that last forever, a closeness that builds strong bonds and develops strong morals and great characteristics or is it material things that 'money can buy'?  A big house, an impressive car, clothes and accessories with a certain label, the 'top' brand of this or that, etc,etc???  Look around you... are the people with all the 'things' any happier or better off than you are?  Would you rather have people love you for who you are or for what you have?  When I look around at the people that are known for their fame, fortune and celebrity status, I see drugs, immorality, messed up lives, unhappiness, people searching for love for who they are...not for what they have!

I have learned to STOP, LOOK and LISTEN! Oh, I like nice material things like any one else, but I don't have to have the newest, largest, most expensive home, car, clothes, etc. I am perfectly happy in my small home that is paid for; my car that is several years old and paid for, and to me the most important things in my life are first and foremost my close, personal relationship and daily walk with my Daddy; my family; my friends; the ability to see the beauty all around me; my faith and trust in God; the laughter of children; the wisdom that I see in the eyes and faces of older people and the unconditional love in the eyes of my 4 legged children!



Yes, I too am busy... extremely busy, but it is a good busy because I take the time each day to thank my Daddy for His unconditional love and all the blessings He showers on me daily.  I take notice of the beauty in the sky and clouds; the flowers, planted or wild; the trees reaching their branches towards heaven; children playing; I share smiles with strangers and always strive to be a blessing to others who cross my path.  It is my desire to share the love of Jesus wherever I go! And, YES, I do take time to smell the roses!

My prayer is that in some way this Blog blesses you and opens your eyes to slow down a little; enjoy your life; cherish the ones around you and remember who you are... A child of God... and to stop and SMELL THE ROSES!

No comments:

Post a Comment