My Photostream

Roy Tanck's Flickr Widget requires Flash Player 9 or better.

Get this widget at roytanck.com

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do You Talk the Talk or Walk the Walk?

Are you one of those people who talks the talk when around 'spiritual' people or are you one of those who actually walks the walk? Now, let me start out by telling you that I am not a preacher nor do I preach! I am a child of my Daddy and I share! I don't share what I have heard or read only...I share what I have found out the hard way by living it! 

Now with that said, let's get back to my question! :) Do you know people that are good at talking about how you should live, what you should or should not be doing, etc.? Do you know people that tell you they are going to do something and a time they are going to do it, but either change their minds or just never get around to it? It doesn't matter how wealthy you are in money or material possessions, if you aren't good at your word, you are a very poor person. You can find someone who has nothing materially...no money, no home, no car, etc. and if they are good at their word they are a very wealthy person...richer than the Rockefellers! You see, talk is cheap and you can talk a good game, but talk without walking the walk or keeping your word shows the true character of a person!
 

I don't want to be known as one of those people that never follows through with what they say they are going or not going to do! This is the reason that rather than going by what a person says I go by the fruit of their lives! Take politicians for example! When someone comes along running for an office...any office...I don't pay attention to 'what they are 'going to do', I look at that they have 'done' or are 'doing' now! I research their records, their history, their FRUIT! For instance, why would I vote for someone who hasn't paid their taxes to tell me what I should do and is in the position to raise MY taxes??? Are you getting the point? 

This applies to every aspect of life! It's easier to 'talk the talk' than it is to 'walk the walk'! But the rewards are so much greater when you do the walking! :) Let's take TRUSTING God! Oh, it so easy to tell people how they should trust God in every situation...rent due, no food in the house, bills are due, etc, etc! Now, it is easy to trust Him when things are going good, but at those times we usually forget to thank Him that things are going good! When you can put ALL of your faith and trust in Him at those hard, seemingly terrifying times, then you are walking the walk and you know what??? Your Daddy will take care of you. You will have a peace that surpasses all understanding and He never leaves you, so you are never alone! He knows that you are putting your trust in Him and He is not going to leave you stranded! He is the most loving, giving, patient, understanding, compassionate, forgiving Father there is! He loves you UNCONDITIONALLY! You are His child and everything He has is yours! Hallelujah! 



When you start walking the walk you will be amazed at the indescribable peace and joy you have! You will have such an inner joy that it will radiate from you for others to see! Haven't you known people that acted like they didn't have a care in this world? Well, guess what they didn't! They were walking the walk with their Daddy! Material things will come and go... the Bible tells us in 2Corinthians 4:18, "...while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." This is what it is all about! 

When you are walking the walk instead of talking the talk, people won't have any doubts of where you stand! It shows in everything you do, it shows in your attitude and outlook on life! It shows in how you treat others, your speech, your actions and deeds! It shows in who you are! People that go around telling everyone they are a 'Christian', how good they are, how much they love others, how much they love the Lord, etc, aren't walking the walk! :) Because when you are walking THE walk there is no need to tell anyone! It shows in you sweet, ripe, overflowing fruit...your abundant harvest! So start your walk today! Take it step by step! If you stumble, simply pick yourself up and start again. It gets easier and easier with each step and soon you will be running the race! Have a wonderfully blessed day today and every day and remember...Jesus loves you and so do I! ♡ 


Love and Blessings, 
Judy ♡

2 comments:

  1. Judy, this totally inspires me!! I loved what you wrote
    it was beautiful & so true! It inspires me to get back to where I was a few years ago , when I was walking more in his path. I felt that inner peace ! There is NOTHING that can decribe that feeling of pure & total inner peace, have you ever felt the Lord's presence by your side? Some day I will share my story with you!!! I'm so glad you entered our lives!! Bless you,
    Sweet Suzi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Suzi, you are so precious! Thank you for your comment! This is the reason for my blogs and it is not me that writes them...it is the Holy Spirit and I am just His instrument! I love you, Sweet Suzi! ♡ And, yes, I have many, many times! :)

    Love and Blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete